Monday, February 21, 2011

Half Way Point

Well, we are now 6 weeks into the weight loss competition and I have lost 19 lbs!!!! That is crazy to me. I can't believe I have lost so much. I still have a ways to go but I feel great. I have worked so hard for this but it has been totally worth it.

So far I have learned so much about myself. I am stronger than I thought. For me this has been so much about getting my mind in the right place. It is amazing how powerful the mind can be. Last Friday our crossfit workout was 100 burpee box jumps. When I saw it on the board, I wanted to walk out and go home. Both burpees and box jumps are really hard for me. If ever they are part of the WOD, I know I have to really gear up for them. During our warm up I determined that I would try for 30 burpee box jumps. We only had 15 mins to get 100, so I figured 30 was a doable number. Here's where I went wrong. In my mind I had a number that I was comfortable with. As we started the workout, I got through 30 faster than I thought. There was plenty of time left but I had reached my goal. In my mind I was done and can I tell you that is the worst thing to feel during a workout. I had to keep going and you know what? I got 53 burpee box jumps. 53!!! Think of how many I could have finished if I had determined that I was going to get 100. I know that I'm not at the point where I could have gotten all 100 in 15 mins, but what if I would have kept an open mind? What if I had not put limits on what I could do? What then?

Throughout the weekend, I was reminded of my Friday workout and the lesson it taught me. My mind is powerful and I have decided to fill it with positivity. I don't want to put limits on my life. I can accomplish so much if I have the right mind set and not just in my workouts. In all areas of my life. If my mind is in the right place, I can do great things.

Let me leave you with this scripture. Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment