Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jesus, Crossfit and Hair Dye!

I was having a conversation with my best friend and we were talking about hair color and how great you feel when your hair looks good. As our conversation progressed for some reason I said, "yeah, Jesus, Crossfit, and Hair dye. That's all you need for a good life." As I began to ponder that statement, I thought about how those 3 things define parts of who I am.

I am a blonde. I always have been, however, in my later years my hair just kept getting lighter and lighter. Now I have platinum blonde hair. I remember when I first went platinum. We went on a cruise and I remember my family saying it was really easy to pick me out of the crowd. It was like my hair was glowing. :) I also think back to my trips to India. We always go to a school in the slums and I usually get placed in the 2 year old class. It is one of my favorite things, until I make all the kids cry. We are some of the first ever white people that these kids have seen and me with my blonde hair scares some of them. Last time I was greeting the kids as they came up the stairs but they all started crying so I had to hide around the corner. It was great! My hair is part of my identity and I wouldn't change it.

And then there's crossfit! I have been a crossfitter for several years, but until I started this weight loss competition, I didn't give it my all. But that has all changed. If you hang around me for too long, I will eventually talk about crossfit. I LOVE it!!! When I began this journey, I knew crossfit would work. So, I embraced all that crossfit had to offer. I push myself in every WOD. I eat paleo and it has worked. I have lost 34 lbs so far. I am stronger mentally and physically. I never thought I could push myself so hard and get so far. So, anytime I can talk about crossfit, I will!!! I think it is the best workout out there. I am a believer for life and I look forward to the challenge that crossfit will offer me as I continue my fitness and health journey.

Last but not least is Jesus. I have been a christian pretty much all my life and I am so grateful. I am grateful for my Christian heritage. Without it, I don't know where I would be. I am thankful for Jesus and his sacrifice allowing me to have an amazing life. I am blessed more than I deserve. I have seen grace and mercy in my life numerous times and it is all because of Jesus. I'm so thankful that He loves me.

So, there it is. Jesus, crossfit, and hair dye. 3 very different things but all 3 such a part of who I am.

Also, I am in my last week of the weight loss competition. I'll let you know next week how it goes!

Here's to being who you are and loving it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment